Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I STILL Love A Bargain

I went to our local thrift store yesterday and bought things I really don't need - but just the same, had to have.

  • The red plate in the back is absolutely darling. There were only 4 but I may have jsut started me on a quest to find calico style plates in, you guessed it, red, white and blue!


  • The daisy candle stick holders will be fun at Easter.


  • The apothocary jar will go in my kitchen at Christmas filled with candy alongside my collection of jars. It looks like an old fashioned candy shoppe in my kitchen.


  • I really like halloween decorations and I think the dish and little doll is real cute (the doll was one of those McD's kids meals toys)


  • The Alice in Wonderland is a signed Disney original and now sits in my curio cabinet.


  • I'm always on the lookout for white hobnail glass and am not a snob about whether it's Fenton or not. I just love the crisp whiteness of it.





My daughter has a cute farmhouse about 2 miles from us and has decorated her kitchen with chickens and roosters. I found this beauty and just had to buy it. Can't wait to give it to her!


And last but not least, this adorable little figurine (you can always use another figurine - right?) Anyway she appears to be quite old.





Look, she's reading Little Red Riding Hood.














No comments:

Post a Comment