Friday, January 22, 2010

Finishing Up!

A few years back, I decided to "re-vamp" our kitchen. It didn't need appliances - just cosmetic changes so I painted the cabinets antique white and got new granite counter tops. By getting rid of the dark wood cabinets, it seemed to open up my little kitchen. I bought some wood corbels online to attach to the under hang of the pennisula - but just never got them up. Even though they are still not up, at least they are now ready... Alder wood. Pretty, uh?

White (I did a second coat using an off-white paint)



Looks a little scary-right? This gel stain is AWESOME! It has the consistency of toothpaste. I used it on the cabinets too and really liked how it didn't drip like normal stain.


Done! - side detail.





Front View





1 comment:

  1. I love what you've done with these! They were pretty in white but the final product is stunning!

    ReplyDelete