Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now

The house is 30 years old and was in desperate need of new windows. The big bay in the living room had 'sprung a leak' -the seal had broken so it looked like the windows were filthy because of the moisture in between the double panes. They probably don't change anything for you, but for us, they make a HUGE difference. I still need to re-hang the blinds and curtains. I don't want to!! I changed the style here. The old one was one large window and I thought 2 would give the room more character. The old kitchen window would slide to the side and had no grids.
This is the old sewing room - now guest room. I had the grids placed only in the top half of the hung windows and a narrow grid in the middle of the bay.

The office.


This was not an inexpensive project, but to me, it was worth every dollar, and we'll save a little in our heating and electric bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment