Thursday, May 17, 2012

On the Lookout!

We recently went on a lonnnnngg road trip back to Illinois.  While we were in Iowa, we went to a really neat place called Amana Colonies.  There is a total of 6 little communities that were settled back in the 1800's and set up as a religious colony where everyone lived communally.  They had to abandon the whole idea in the 1930's because the young people started to move away.  What is left now is this charming rural community and a really, really beautiful 'downtown'.



THE LOOKOUT...
See the neat vintage metal bread box on the stool?  Well, dummy me I thought that is so cute, I should probably get one for the deck and plant something gorgeous in it.  But I didn't even look at the price tag.  So the rest of the trip was spent looking for one just like it.  Anyway, I would even be happy with a repro - so I'll keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment