Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Dreaded Household Chore

It seems lately that there's always some horrible household job staring me down. I spent my day off last week sanding and re-staining our deck. It looks much nicer -but really, it's still a 20 year old deck. I told the honeyman that this will be the "last time we do this" - trex deck here we come!

Actually, we will have to wait a couple of years because they are so expensive.

The next job is removing wallpaper in the office and re-painting. Right now it's half scraped off and it's driving me crazy. The thing that is holding me up is I need to buy some fabric to make drapes so that I can match a paint color to it.

After that one is tackled, the sewing room will be next. It needs paint real bad because right now it is painted a deep forest green under the chair rail with pine cones stenciled just above the chair rail (this room used to be the office and I was going for an outdoorsy look at the time). I want it now to look like the girly room it should be - after all it's my sewing room!

I just finished painting the downstairs guest room so I guess I'm doing ok - just slowly but surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment