Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hallelujah - It's Spring At Last!

I love having 4 seasons here, BUT I really love it when spring finally arrives. We took a ride for Mom's Day this Saturday and ended up on probably my favorite road.
We live in the foothills of the Wasatch mountains and this road is only about 15 miles north of our house. It runs through a canyon and then turns along the back side of these mountains. The back is so much prettier than our side.
This river runs alongside the little restaurant we stopped at. Very pretty and peaceful listening to the water just over the rail where we are eating.
This is the little restaurant my hubby took me to. In the summer they have humming bird feeders in the trees.

This is a pretty little valley along my road - with a big reservoir- full of skiers in the summer

This is The road. The downhills were run here at the Olympics

This is the back side of 'our' mountains. They are facing east so they are greener, snowier, and for some reason, more craggy.

Coming into Farmington - pretty isn't it? See what I mean about the back side being craggier and more snowy?

Our main street

At home at last - this is our street

I don't know what these beauties are called. I wish I could have gotten a better, closer picture of them - they almost look like parakeets gone wild. Click on the picture to see what I mean. Does anyone out there know what this is?

You'll have to click on this one too

Mr Quail - his bride is out here somewhere - camera shy I guess.









1 comment:

  1. nice photos of your town...the birds are so pretty

    ReplyDelete