Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Reason I Came-Hillview Acres

Here we are at last - The Tea!This is us and our table. We did pretty good considering we live 800 miles apart and coordinated everything over the phone and internet!

These are the gals at our table. (all Marta's daughters). Don't they look cheery in their aprons?


Marta is so clever. Our theme was 1950's kitchen and the inspiration was my quilt with it's many colors. She bought the 'chargers' on line, the napkins were really dishcloths, the napkin rings were measuring spoons and our tea cups were red mugs. The name card holders were small rolling pins that her hubby fixed for us by flattening the bottom and cutting a slit for the name cards (which can be used later for recipe cards-which she printed on her computer and placed a set in each person's apron pocket as a favor)



The centerpiece was an old wire milk bottle carrier she spayed red filled with old milk bottles and daisies. The cute water glasses were found at a dollar store.


Oh, Lemon Curd - wonderful! We were served scones as part of the luncheon and it was suggested that we bring our own curd. Have you ever tried this stuff? It is like spreading lemon pie filling onto shortbread, but a little tarter. I'll post the recipe later.

We served it in baby food jars that she sprayed red.



SOME OF THE LOVELY TABLES...

Each of her chargers had a scripture reference printed on it.


Patriotic Bears








My favorite - a cupcake table!



One of these hats was worn by the hostess's mom on her wedding day in 1956.






The Bears again.







The table with the Scripture chargers.




I loved the colors on this one.


A little about the charity...

Hillview Acres is a home for children who have been taken from the family situation and sent there to live. The circumstances must be pretty grim for that to happen. They provide a safe learning environment where these children can learn to trust and be children once again. They raised almost $30,000 last year through this tea and I hope they hit the mark again. They held a raffle and I actually won a basket of goodies! I got earrings, a bracelet and a gift certificate to Coldwater Creek. Very fun!


















1 comment:

  1. Your table is definitely the best! I love everything about it!

    I hope if I keep going further back into your archives I can get a good look at that quilt, I see cherries so my heart is already palpitating =0)

    ReplyDelete