Friday, May 7, 2010

In Time for Mothers Day???

Well, maybe not in time, but before Mothers Day. I got this idea from Martha Stewart and have made several. I made them for neighbor Christmas gifts and now am making a few for my Sunday School class for this Sunday. I plan on taking my camera and portable printer so I can take 'up to the minute' pictures and hand them out to their moms.
This is how the pattern looks. If you'd like a full copy, email me and I will send you one.
#1. Take 8 1/2 X 11 plain card stock and fold in half the short way.


#2a. Cut your pattern out of patterned double-sided paper-then take decorative scissors and cut where indicated by wavy lines on the pattern .
b. With a needle, poke small hole at each dot marked on pattern.
c. Very lightly draw "x" from dot to dot.
d. Cut on the x with scissors or exacto knife.
e. Cut again, using decorative scissors.


#3a. Open up the card stock piece. Center the decorative cover on top and pull the flaps back gently. (You don't want to crease them).
b. Taking a paper punch or tool, punch through all 3 layers-the flap, the patterned piece and the card stock a little in from the edge (see above).
It helps to secure these with paper clips while you are punching so it doesn't slide.
c. Insert brads.



#4a. With card stock still open, use decorative scissors and cut the card stock just outside of the same edges as you did the patterned paper.
b. Fold the card and cut the top area with your decorative scissors but make sure you leave the fold in tact.
#5. Voila! Remove one or more brads to slip a photo in. The opening measures about 3 1/2" X 2 1/4". ( If I am giving it as a gift, I will write on the card stock opening to remove brads to place photo.)







No comments:

Post a Comment