Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday... to Me!

My hubby is soooo good to me! He gave the ultimate sacrifice for my birthday - he took me shopping the Saturday before my birthday! Now, you have to know my husband to understand what a great thing this was for him. We also went to lunch and then to dinner on the actual day. I do love patterns and books -- but I guess I should get busy and make some of these up. I really like baby quilts. The fabrics are adorable and the patterns are quick and easy. I can't wait to make one or both of these!
I only bought a few fabrics to supplement my stash to make this one.

Again, baby stuff is fun to make. I thought this bib is cute and practical and would make a cute gift for a neighbor who is expecting her first boy (after 3 girls!)


He took me to Home Depot so I could buy some MDF and hang much needed shelves in the sewing closet.

This is kinda hard to see, but my kids bought me some lights for my new umbrella.


A Brad Paisley CD and some garden clogs. Do you think I could 2-step in these???

This is what I found in a birthday box from Marta! These plastic plates, mugs, and glasses were the ones we used at the spring luncheon. There are 2 of each color plate and will be so cute to use on the deck. Note the cute glass cozies - I just love them

I love these bowls. So cheery - and the stash of scrap booking do-daws will be fun to use. She must love me!!
I also got a birthday phone call from my Aunt Laura. I think she loves me too! Talking to her is like talking to my mom - so I always love visiting with her!
Don't you think it's nice when people remember your birthday? Even when birthday candles and cake no longer hold the magic they did when you were little, getting a card or a phone call just makes getting older almost worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment