Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dixie and Thelma

I watched some Lucy re-runs tonight with our young womens group. It was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing their reactions to Lucy and Ethel's antics.

I have friends and family but somehow I think we have lost the kind of friendships we see in Lucy and Ethel. With everyone working nowadays, we don't have time to 'get into trouble' like those two did.

My Aunt Dixie had such a friend though. She and Thelma were back fence neighbors and when I was growing up, I would always see them together talking across the fence. Thelma had red hair and freckles and was one of the nicest, happiest people I can remember. Of course, Dixie is, and always was, beloved by all and a blast to hang around. Everyone wants to be her back fence neighbor.

I will be hanging out with my cousins in a few weeks, and if I can get the scoop on any antics Dixie and Thelma were up to, I will update.

1 comment:

  1. I love Lucy and Ethyl, no matter what they stay friends! Can't wait to hear stories about Dixie and Thelma

    ReplyDelete