Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter - He is Risen!

I was talking to one of my Granddaughters the other day about Easter and asked her why she thinks we celebrate it. And she knew. It always amazes me when these little kids show me how smart they are about all things. I was raised in a loving home by two people who, to me, epitomized love and sacrifice. But I didn't have a good religious background and for me, Easter was a day of new dresses, egg coloring and hunting, and candy in a basket.

A couple of gems to consider:

One spring day, a primary teacher gave each child a plastic egg and told them they were going outside to collect something important that Heavenly Father had given to us. Upon returning to the classroom, the children, in turn opened their eggs to reveal such things as a flower, a blade of grass, and a twig. When the last little girl opened her egg, there was nothing in it. The teacher asked her if she had not understood the assignment. The little girl replied, "The tomb was empty, and that's the best gift of all."


"The great Atonement was the supreme act of forgiveness. The magnitude of that Atonement is beyond our ability to completely understand. The suffering so great, the agony so intense, that none of us can comprehend it when the Savior offered Himself as a ransom for the sins of mankind." Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment