Saturday, February 20, 2010

CHANGE IN DIRECTION?

Instead of holding classes, I am now thinking of selling items directly through a consignment kind of business here in Utah. It is a huge crafters mall that charges a booth fee as well as a nominal commission. This is one of the items I would sell - a child's capri set. What do you think?
The reason for the shift in thinking is I am a little worried about signing up with new students on a continuing basis and trying to come up with new projects for them on an ongoing basis. I haven't given up on the idea completely, but maybe holding 'Sewing Camps' which would be held only during the summer and would be held for one week at a time - one week each month.

3 comments:

  1. I love the capri set. Where are you thinking of selling? Quilted bear? I find that it is easier to sell things on consignment (especially kids items) at the local kid's boutiques instead of craft shops. Seems most people visiting the craft shops are just after ideas so they can go home and make their own. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of the Quilted Bear but you bring up a good point. I may look into a consignment shop like you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest outfit i am sure you will sell a bunch!!
    Tootles,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete