Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Happened Again!

I can't believe it, but for the second time in a year, I have been layed off!! This can put a dent in a girl's self esteem let me tell you.
It may actually be the best thing that's ever happened to me because I think I have decided to start my own home based business - Sewing classes in my home.
I am getting more and more excited at the idea of doing what I love best and making money at the same time. (not a lot of money - but some, still the same)

One of the things that appeals to me is the fact that the start up cost shouldn't be too bad. I will have to purchase five simple machines, some tables and chairs and do some advertising.

The down side is trying to find students. I haven't quite figured that out yet and the other is that I will have to re-arrange my house somewhat and move my sewing room down to the basement - and I just got my sewing room looking so cute!

I will keep you posted on how this pans out.

2 comments:

  1. Pros: Your sewing room can be a scrapbooking room and you will get a new sewing room....AND it will be huge! I'd sign up if I were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I already do scrapbooking in the other spare bedroom where the computer is. So, the room I use now for sewing will become 'Marta's' room. I guess she won't mind!!

    ReplyDelete