Monday, February 1, 2010

Here's to Road Trips!

Probably our most favorite thing to do together is head out on the road. We recently took a pilgrimage to the town hubby's dad grew up in - Licking, Missouri. When I got home, I combined this favorite activity with another-scrapbooking, and this book is the result. I really liked making this book because it is small enough that I could actually finish it in just a couple of days, but big enough that there was room for almost all my photos and thoughts. Bo Bunny 3 ring binder.


We didn't make it to St. Louis, but cut down through the middle of Missouri to the little itty bitty town of Licking, where hubby's dad was born and raised. I can't say enough about how beautiful Missouri is. We went at the beginning of October so all the trees (and there are lots!) still had their leaves and the weather was perfect. We put a lot of miles on our little car so I can say, we really did see Missouri. We want to go back sometime and explore the St. Louis area, Mississippi River and states nearby.

Of course, along the way I stopped at many quilt shops and bought a few items - here are just some of them.


This bag is made of charm packs. I made it in this blue/red combo and bought fabric for the brown. It's really roomy and pretty.


I plan on making her some day- I really love dolls! I bought this pattern at the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead - Rocky Ridge - what a beautiful place.



This flannel was purchased somewhere out on the prairie in Kansas. It is the cutest fabric and I can't wait to make it into a quilt for a little farmer boy!

Some of the other things I found along the way were patterns and books. One of them that I am looking forward to is called "Skinny Quilts" and is an entire book of runners - my most favorite kid of quilt to make (they are quick, cheap, and easy for me to machine quilt)
Maybe, someday, I'll have some finished skinnys to post.




No comments:

Post a Comment